Running Information Forums

Full Version: Improving 10k with regular training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
good to see you back MMS Wink
It´s good to be back!

Although not completely back... Smile
Hi TheEd,

I´ve been able to run easy 3 times a week. My left foot almost 100% better. My phisio sessions were supposed to begin this week, but the clinic made a mistake and didn´t schedule them. But, from what feel right now, I should get back into running real soon!

Cheers.

MMS
nice to hear MMS

TheEd
And today was my last phisio session. Ready to slowly return to my training. Things are pretty intense here at work and later today (or tomorrow) I´ll post more of what I have been doing (or not doing :whistle: ) these days and we can discuss how I should return.

Great news at last!

Nice weekend, coach!

MMS
thanks for the feedback .. here's to go weekend

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

Like I said yesterday, I´m ready to return to my training and I´d like to discuss with you what´s the best way to do it.

First, some feedback:
I don´t have a running routine since May 10th, when I realized I was injured. I ran a few times from then until June 2nd when I traveled. The following 25 days not a single run, but lots of walking!
After this trip I returned running 3 times a week (5k to 6k runs at 6min/km) and sometimes riding my bike until July 18th, when I started phisio sessions and decided not to run at all to speed up my recovery. Before the phisio sessions my foot was ok, but only with some specific movements I felt some residual pain. It doesn’t happen now.
Phisio sessions ended yesterday and my foot looks perfect again. I ran an easy 5k this morning, it all went nice, but I´ll keep icing the area for some weeks.

The Return:
Here I´d like your opinion. I was thinking of starting with Off Period and then Build up. I need to put my body used to a running routine again and the 30min runs from Off Period look nice. After that, I would start Build up at 75% during the first cycle and then would be ready for the 1h runs of the second cycle. This routine looks a lot like the one after my achilles injury, but at that time I didn´t stay this long without running.

What are your thoughts on this?

MMS

Ps: sorry for the loooong post!
great MMS .. nice to have you considering a program again

take a look at the Build Up schedule and balance what you are able to do, so as to get you going again ..

then after 2 weeks consider a 4k time-trial and we can see about the next level of training

what do you say?

TheEd
Ok.

I´ll keep things easy for the next two weeks and then run a 4k time-trial to see where I stand.

For now I´m not wearing my hr monitor. I hurts to see how high my pulse is after this long pause. :whistle: But I´ll wear it during the trial.

MMS
Hi TheEd,

First week behind me and everything went well. Will run a bit longer this week and 4k time-trial this Saturday.

Curious to see how "fast" I´ll go.

Cheers

MMS