Running Information Forums

Full Version: Improving 10k with regular training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Ed,

weather changed yesterday and rained a lot. So, missed the 20min real easy run.

Hope till tomorrow the sun wont shine too much!

Will follow your advice and enjoy my race tomorrow.

Wish me luck! Smile

MMS
TheEd Wrote:MMS for your first run on the program .. no pressure

run the race don't put any unnecessary pressure on yourself

only look at your heart rate to start the race and when you stop your watch at the finish

if you are able to provide heart rate data after that then we can look at it

above all, enjoy

:yes:

TheEd

Hi Ed,

I followed your advice and enjoyed the race, especially because of the temperature at the time (around 29C). My first goal was to finish around 55 to 56min, but after the fifth kilometer I reduced a bit no to lose my breath in the end.

Checked my pulse before (125) and at the end (181). The last 500m I speed up a bit. Total time 58:44. Sad

I’m a bit disappointed with this time because I’ve done better before (51:20 at night time 2 months ago) and because I fell better prepared today.

In the end felt like an easy run under a scorching sun!

Now, what’s the plan for this week?

MMS
MMS, you have much still to learn about running and the positive you can take out of today is that you feel disappointed that you could have done better.

We work forward now

Start the cycle over again, Day1 being a Tuesday

when have you got your next race planned?

Cheers

TheEd
I know Ed. I´m still learning a lot and from yesterday I probably could´ve used a better race strategy.

About my next race: There´s one on May 9th (Night Run) but I´ll probably be traveling that weekend.
The race from yesterday happens again on June 28th. This one I´ll certainly race, but do you think it´s too far from today?
Perhaps I could race on my training track somewhere btw just to check my development.

Anyway, I´ll look for any other interesting race.

Tks for everything!

MMS
Hi Ed,

Reporting last night:

60min easy 10k AHR 157

About my next race: Do you think that June 28th is too far?

Tks

MMS
apologies MMS .. June is not too far and we can get a fair amount of work in before

we will also advise a 4k test before the June race

so keep at it and hopefully we can get a result out of the 4k soon

TheEd
That´s good to know. I don´t mind going through a few cycles before that race. Still have a lot to improve. Smile

Reporting last night: 30min easy 5Km AHR 157

Tonight the 2000. Get back tomorrow with the results.

MMS
I always look forward to the 2000m session feedback

it can tell a lot

enjoy

TheEd
Hi Ed,

results of the 2000 last night. It was a nice and challenging session:Smile

Warm Up
1K 7:13 AHR 154

L1. 9:44 AHR 173
R1. 1:30 AHR 150

L2 9:50 AHR 173
R2 1:30 AHR 157

L3 9:50 AHR 174
R3 1:30 AHR 157

Cool Down
1K 6:58 AHR 155

Just like last 2000m, I had to slow down near the finish of each lap not to go faster than had to. Still learning how to better control my pace. Besides that, how was it?

Another question: Saturday is the longest run. Last time you told it was too close to the 2000m and I should´ve run less. So, how much for tomorrow?

MMS
Hi MMS

run between 1hr and 75 minutes at a relaxed pace or even move the run to Sunday and do an easy 20 to 30 minutes tomorow

Tuesday is the 10000m session and with a reduced long run you should be fine

TheEd