Running Information Forums

Full Version: Improving 10k with regular training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi TheEd,

the cold I mentioned on my last entry took a while to leave and I missed the 1k session of that week.

The 4k time-trial was nearly like the one I ran in August (16:52). This time I wasn´t in the mood for a real challenge and almost repeated the same time: 17min. Finished November with 148km (14h15min).

Although my training was not consistent as I wanted over the past 4 months, I was wondering if it would be ok going through Off Period and Build Up right now. By this time last year I started Off period and Build Up.

What say you?

Cheers

MMS
This should be fine MMS as you are used to the Build-up routine so you know what us expected

good stuff and enjoy

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

first week is behind, 5 runs (34km) at 6:00min/km and one bike ride (20km at 15km/h) with my fiancé on Sunday morning. :great:

Nice week!

Cheers

MMS
Hi TheEd,

second week Off Period finished. 5 runs, 34km in 3h30min and one 27km bike ride with the fiancé.

Already started Build Up last Tue and everything is going well, despite the warm days here. :yes:

Cheers.

MMS
great to hear and nice to see everything is going well

enjoy the season

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

hope you had a nice holiday season!

Quick feedback report.

Build Up Week 01:

- 5 of 5 runs. 49,3 km in 5h14min (6:22min/km pace). Including a 9km hill work.

Build Up Week 02:

- 4 of 6 runs. 40,2km in 4h04min (5:57min/km pace). Missed one 1h easy and one hill work. 5x8min done.

New watch this week, HR feedback will return. Still learning how to use it. It has a GPS feature but I don´t intend to let it tell me how to run. But it will be nice to change running scenario while doing easy/long runs.

Cheers!

MMS
new watch = new times

Wink

TheEd
ps.. we have just had the King's Day celebration this side
Hi TheEd,

the watch is being very helpful. I´ve been trying new paths at the park, specially this time of the year when it´s very crowded. :tonguepop:

Quick report. Build up Week 3.

5 runs, 48,6km in 5h04min (6:16min/km pace). Including a 5x8min run (5:35min/km pace//155bpm vs 6:30min/km//145bpm pace) and 9km hill work in 58min.

Cheers.

MMS
how are you finding it, getting into the running quite easily now the cold has gone?

Cheers and enjoy

TheEd
The weather is nice the last days. It's been raining a good part of the day and the temperature is not above 23C at night. But it won't last long. Maybe next month temperatures around 30C will be more frequent. :yes:

And I've been enjoying a lot the easy runs. The running routine is back. Now I added some short bike rides. Home to work and back, 3,5km twice a day (7k total), easy ride. Wink

MMS