Running Information Forums

Full Version: Improving 10k with regular training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nice going

now to put it into a race

Wink

TheEd
Sure, Coach!

I´ll put that into the race! :great:

I just hope the weather helps. Suddenly it´s got hot again. Temperatures around 28C (max). But I don´t think it´ll be a problem. The race is early, 8:00am.

Now, what I´ve been doing the last days.

August 12th 30min

Time:30min
Dist:4,6k
AHR:145

August 13th 30min

Time:30min
Dist:4,6k
AHR:143

August 15th 5K paced

I was at the beach. Run with nike+ to control distance and pace. I don´t have the splits.

Dist:5k
Time:24:12
AHR:163

August 16th 10K

This one was in the morning, around 10am and it was hot. So, I went easy on the pace.

Dist: aprox. 10k
Time: 58:00
AHR: 168

==================

The race is next Sunday, so I´ll follow the same schedule you provided last time, right? :mmm:

Aug 17th: 30min
Aug 18th: 3x5min 1 easy
Aug 19th: 30min
Aug 20th: 30-40 min
Aug 21st: 6x1min 10k pace 1easy
Aug 22nd: OFF
Aug 23rd: Race!

Cheers!

MMS
spot on MMS

How are you feeling generally?

TheEd
TheEd Wrote:spot on MMS

How are you feeling generally?

TheEd

I can tell that nowadays the sessions are easier than they were a couple of months ago. I don´t fell too tired after the quality sessions or the long runs. Smile

I believe I have plenty to improve when it comes to race strategy. I was happy I broke sub 50 last race but I think with more confidence back then I could´ve done a better result. And that´s what I expect for this Sunday.

Now I ask. How would you consider my improvement so far? :whistle:

Tks

MMS
MMS .. running is such a mental practise and from my years of experience it is difficult to try put things across on the internet

however it is like a switch

when you achieve and believe in what you can do the rest follows

you do the sessions and you are meant to progress

after Sunday we can look to move to the next level so that the switch can become more switchable

hope that answers for something at least

Big Grin

TheEd
It certainly answers, Coach! :great:

Looking forward to the next level!!! Smile

:mrburns:

MMS
Hi Coach,

I got a new PB (48:55) yesterday. I satisfied with the result considering that this race is tougher than the previous one, on June. :p
The weather was quite good (15C, humidity 80%), but the track wasn´t what I expected. It wasn´t as flat as I´m used to. Two long (around 600m) hills and one light hill that was ok. :mad:

August 23rd 10k Race

K|Time|AHR
1|05:08|161 (too crowded at the start)
2|04:40|177
3|04:34|181
4|04:53|184 (light uphill)
5|04:54|184
6|04:39|171 (light downhill to reach uphill)
7|05:24|184 (hard uphill)
8|05:13|180 (hard hill followed by light downhill)
9|04:47|170
10|04:43|176
Tot|48:55| 177

I wanted a better result, deep inside. Maybe next time!

Once again, thanks for all the support, Coach! :great:

Cheers.

MMS
OK .. what next .. what have you got planned short term and long-term

Cheers

TheEd

ps.. congrats on the 10k PB!!
Well Coach,

There are two 10k races this year I want to race. The first, on November 29th, is the T&F that I ran on March and June. The second, on Dec 13th, is on the beach, where I go for the weekend sometimes.
When it comes to performance, I wanted to be able to run sub 45min in one of this two, if possible, once it´ll be summer here. But this two have a flat circuit.

On the long run, I´d like to race a half-marathon next year. There´s Sao Paulo´s International half-marathon in March (probably first week) or a 25k race that happens during Sao Paulo International Marathon in May (last week).

But my focus would be improving my 10k time. I want to become faster and achieve a sub 40min.

What say you?

MMS

ps: tomorrow I´ll start the Off Period. Right? Then I´ll questions about it.
spot on .. after that we can get everything rolling towards your goals

great

sub 45 min is first aim .. one step at a time

after the build up you should move to training on a new level

Cheers

TheEd